Speak Out Scotland
Speak Out Scotland (SOS) is a non-profit charity specialising in free, open-ended complex trauma therapy for male survivors of childhood sexual abuse (CSA). Our service is open to any adult (over 16yrs) who was sexually abused as a child (before age 16yrs) and has no criminal offences of a sexual nature, or sexual proclivity towards children.
Our core service is Complex Trauma Therapy. However, we have developed a range of supporting services that compliment therapy and our organisations wider aims. These include:
- Wellbeing: Clients move into our Wellbeing service after initial contact. This stabilises the client and prepares them for therapy.
- Advocacy: We provide support for survivors in their daily lives, from financial budgeting to reporting their abuse to police.
- Group Support: Survivors who have progressed through therapy can move on to our peer-to-peer support for vital ongoing support with people who understand and have shared experiences.
- Outreach: We are keen to educate and build relationships with community groups to help break the stigma surrounding childhood sexual abuse, while raising awareness.
- Training: We provide Scottish Mental Health First Aid Training, Trauma Informed Training and bespoke training on various aspects of Childhood Sexual Abuse and its impact on the individual.
We take self-referrals and referrals from other organisations working with survivors. In order to register an individual, we would need some personal and contact details, as well as GP and emergency contact details. SOS was established by survivors and is run by survivors and we understand the need for anonymity. All registration details and information will be stored in accordance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) to ensure your security and confidentiality. All conversations are strictly confidential unless a client poses a risk to themselves or others.
To register yourself or refer someone for a service, please phone or email using the details below:
- James on 07368 838482
- Jacqui on 07368 499577
- Tony on 07873 258677
- Email: email@example.com
SOS will treat all service users with respect and without judgement, bias or discrimination.
Speak Out Scotland [SCIO] is a registered charity in Scotland - Charity No.SCO48280