Service Users Agreement
By Registering with Speak Out Scotland, I agree to the following statements:
- I am a male survivor of childhood sexual abuse.
- I have not committed or been convicted of a sexual offense.
- I will treat volunteers, staff, management and other service users with respect at all times.
- I will not use racist, sectarian or homophobic language.
- I will respect the confidentiality of other service users and treat all conversations with other service users as confidential.
- I will not engage in aggressive or threatening behaviour at anytime when using Speak out Scotland services.
- I will be free of alcohol or drugs while using any Speak Out Scotland services.
- I will not take any alcohol or drugs into any Speak Out Scotland services.
- I will not carry anything that can be deemed to be a weapon whilst using Speak Out Scotland services.
- I agree that Speak Out Scotland can hold my name and contact details on their confidential database.
- I agree that if I break any part of this agreement I will no longer be able to use Speak Out Scotland services.
Speak Out Scotland Core management team are all survivors and have experienced a model of recovery which is innovative in its belief that the client is the expert.
As survivors, we know that the journey to recovery needs specialist, ongoing support. We realise that many men have led dysfunctional lives and the journey to recovery sometimes involves starting afresh.
We aim to build a service which supports and befriends men in a variety of different ways according to need.
We provide a website, a telephone helpline and a counselling service.
We treat all service users with respect and confidentiality.